Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Some registry entries not working in Group Policies Preferences

Today I came across the following issue.

I added some registry entries in a Group Policy Object to enable the Command bar, Favorite bar and Show the Tabs Below the Address Bar as the default preferences for IE10  users. Unfortunately only my first entry "CommandBarEnabled" was working and appearing on my test machine.





Initially I thought that the issue was with the Action being set to "Update" instead of "Create", but actually the problem was that I had copied the first entry I created and pasted it in the GUI, which appears to work in GPMC but definitely did not work on the machine.

Lesson learned for next time, do not copy GP items even if the GUI allows it.


That's it for today, please leave your comments as I would be glad to read from your experience too !!


No comments:

Post a Comment